GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
This role will perform administrative duties of a confidential nature for the Plant Leader, HR Leader, and other staff. Primary duties are in the areas of coordination of meetings, events, travel, plant communication, presentations and payroll administration.
Payroll administrator for the Rutland site
- Create reports & presentations
- Create and distribute various all-plant communications
- Member of employee engagement committees
- Organize and maintain files (paper and electronic)
- Screen telephone calls and distribute incoming correspondence
- Professional face to the community including elected officials and leaders
- Arrange and schedule appointments and meetings and manage the electronic calendar for the Plant Leader and staff as directed
- Perform data entry and maintenance of electronic employee records
- Coordinate and arrange special events in and outside of the plant
- Make necessary travel arrangements and prepare expense accounts
- Prepare and/or gather specific data and information following verbal instructions, standard procedures and policies
- Perform other related duties as assigned
High School Diploma/GED
- Minimum 2 years of administrative experience in a professional environment
- Proficiency in MS Word, Outlook, PowerPoint, Excel
- Associate degree in business administration
- Strong interpersonal skills and professional demeanor
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and meet deadlines
- Attention to detail with high quality work
- Ability to act proactively and independently
- Demonstrated success in similar, professional roles
- Ability to maintain relationships that facilitate a team environment
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Applicants would apply by going to ge.com/careers and searching by Vermont.
Job posted: April 25, 2016.