Advanced Machinist / Toolmaker Apprentice Program
GE works on things that matter. The best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Join our results-oriented team at GE Aviation today!
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will begin a new class for our World Class All-Around Machinist Apprentice Program in Rutland, Vermont. Past program graduates have gone on to significant roles in technical and leadership assignments.
In addition, you will:
- Work in a dynamic, fast paced work environment producing jet engine fan & compressor airfoils
- Work and be a part of a three-year curriculum consisting of rotational manufacturing assignments and classroom training
- Attend classes three to four nights a week throughout the three-year program
- High School Diploma / GED
- Minimum of 2 years of higher-level math (i.e. algebra and geometry) coursework
- Minimum of 1 year of higher-level science coursework
- Ability and willingness to earn a certificate of completion in the registered 3 year apprentice program with the state of Vermont. The program includes taking college courses over the 3 years equivalent to 40 credits towards an Associate’s Degree in Applied Science. After completion of the program candidates need an additional 20 credits to receive their Associate’s Degree in Applied Science
When applying please also attach transcripts.
- Vo-tech training, machining skills and prior college course work in Math and Science
- Minimum of 2 years of higher-level math (i.e. algebra and geometry) coursework with a grade of B or better average
- Minimum of 1 year of higher-level science coursework with a grade of B or better average
Why join one great company when you can join many? We are more than 280,000 people with jobs that range from biochemist to finance specialist to wind energy engineer. We’re passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We’re diverse, supporting our communities in more than 140 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team. Around the world, we are helping build the healthcare, transportation and aviation of the new century.
At GE Aviation, we are imagination at work. Whether we’re manufacturing components for our GEnx engines or driving innovation in fuel and noise reduction, the GE Aviation teams are dedicated to turning imaginative ideas into advances in aviation that solve some of the world’s toughest problems. Join us and you’ll find yourself in a dynamic environment where our ongoing, substantial investment in research and development keeps us moving forward and looking ahead. Here you’ll work collaboratively and across functions with the highest caliber talent, utilizing cutting-edge technology and processes. Whether it’s the next generation of ecomagination products or the future of aircraft engines, we’ve got the state-of-the-art resources to make those innovations a reality. If you’re passionate about aviation and looking for a career rich with challenges and unlimited opportunities for growth and advancement, then join GE in reengineering the sky through aviation innovations that will impact the globe for generations to come.
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE businesses, follow us on twitter: @geconnections
Applicants would apply by going to ge.com/careers and searching by Vermont.
Job posted: April 25, 2016.