|The Rutland region is home to a tightly-knit, supportive and welcoming professional network of passionate executives, skilled innovators, and committed community leaders.
We’ve gained statewide recognition for our young professionals network and downtown initiatives, our regional hospital recently claimed nine national awards for excellence, and Green Mountain Power named Rutland City the “Solar Capital of New England.” Vermont Business Magazine recently named nine Rutland-area leaders as Vermont Rising Stars for their professional achievements and their commitment to their community.
On this page you will find a curated list of professional opportunities in our region, and a list of resources that we think will help you imagine making Rutland your home.
Life in the Rutland Region
Things to do
- Rutland Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Killington Pico Area Association
- Rutland Young Professionals and LinkedIn page
- Castleton University
- Downtown Rutland Partnership
- Rutland City Recreation Department
- Killington Resort
- Paramount Theatre
- Wonderfeet Kids Museum
- Greater Rutland Makerspace
- I Love Rutland, Vermont
- Businesses to help with your relocation
- Rutland County posts from Happy Vermont
Get the latest news from our independent, local daily newspaper, the Rutland Herald, the oldest continuously published newspaper in the United States and winner of the Pulitzer Prize for Editorial Writing in 2001.
Front Porch Forum, an online platform that connects to neighbor to neighbor through regional networks of online neighborhood forums, was invented right here in Vermont!
- Rutland Central Supervisory Union
- Rutland Southwest Supervisory Union
- Rutland Northeast Supervisory Union
- Addison-Rutland Supervisory Union
- Bennington-Rutland Supervisory Union
- Rutland City Public Schools
- Mill River Unified Union School District
- Two Rivers Supervisory Union
- Windsor Central Supervisory Union
For Alumni of Vermont Schools
Whether you graduated just last spring or sometime in the last couple of decades, we invite you to consider bringing your talents home to Vermont.
You might be surprised by how much opportunity you find here. We are still a small community, but now that our baby boomers are laying down their tools and pencils in favor of fishing poles and skis, Rutland-area businesses are hungry for new leaders and skilled thinkers, builders, craftsmen, and entrepreneurs.
We’d love to talk to you about where Rutland is headed and how you might pursue your goals here with us – whether your next step is towards business ownership, family life, an MBA, or just more time outside breathing the pure Vermont air. Give us a call at 802-773-9147 or email us.
- Resources for Job Seekers