We are Here to Help You Start, Relocate or Expand Your Business in Rutland County, VT!
Rutland County is a 939 square mile area encircled by mountains with the valley being 540 feet above sea level. The broad valley contains rich agricultural fields, orchards, pastures and meadows. The area is easily accessible by road, rail or air and features one of Vermont’s largest cities. The region defines lifestyle – with terrific schools, friendly helpful people, a feeling of safety – and unparalleled natural beauty.
Proximity to Major Markets
Top Reasons to Build Your Business in Rutland County, VT!
Highly Productive Workforce
- Highly trained and skilled workforce
- A sampling of industry sectors – aviation, specialty food, wood products, mining, manufacturing and electronics assembly
Quality of Life
- Ranked safest state in the country
- Ranked 2nd healthiest state in the country
- Proximity to major markets: New York City – 260 miles, Montreal – 162 miles, Boston – 170 miles, Philadelphia – 333 miles
- Infrastructure – roads, passenger and freight rail, passenger and freight air service (direct passenger flights to and from Boston daily), public transportation system, strong telecommunications network with additional significant investments being made in
- Energy – solar power is here and natural gas is on the way!
- Quality healthcare
- Fiber Optics
4 Colleges and a Strong Tech Center Locally
- Castleton University
- College of St. Joseph
- Green Mountain College
- Community College of Vermont
- Stafford Technical Center
- Ranked 5th highest best-educated state in America
Shovel Ready Sites
- Already permitted – Rutland Airport Business Park has over 75 acres ready for you to build your business
“Can Do” Attitude with Access to Officials at the Local, Regional and State Levels
- Competitive local and state incentives
- Taking 18 days to re-build Route 4 after Hurricane Irene is our “Can Do” – “Get it Done” attitude. It’s all about the people that live and work in our community along with state and local government that make things happen!
- We will ask, What can we do for you? And never, What can you do for us? It is just the Vermont way…It is what we do and who we are that sets us apart!
- Can you sit down with your state officials to talk about your business needs? In Vermont, you can!
...And if you happen to like the outdoors we have a little something to offer there too...
- Killington Resort and The Lakes Region are in your back yard!